This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

blog news

Just a brief update - I've made some changes to the blog. I have learned how to post pictures! So I added some photos to the old posts and will include photos in the future. I have also fixed it so you do not have to register to make comments so feel free to comment away! I have also noticed on re-reading that I use a lot of exclamation points in my posts. I will endeavor to restrain myself.

As for activities, not too much. I went the HaCarmel market and wandered around. It's bit like the French Market in New Orleans, lots of stalls selling fresh fruits and veggies, olives, cheese, nuts etc...along with sunglasses, t-shirts, purses (no Jeff, I did NOT buy a single purse). I bought lots of fruits and veggies for us. I will attempt to cook lamb chops and green beans for dinner tonight. For dinner last night, Deb and I went to a cute little outdoor restaurant on the Mediterranean sea. I had yummy sweet potato raviolis and a great view of the ocean. Afterwards, Deb went home to shower and relax after a long day at work and I went for a walk along the water. I passed a van with speakers mounted on the top and playing what I can only describe as Jewish techno music with traditionally dressed young Jewish men (the long curls etc.. dancing and I think selling religious literature on a card table nearby. (Dorothy, you are not on the Hollywood boardwalk) This was next to the international beach volleyball tournament. An interesting juxtaposition that I think captures Tel Aviv! (And the music rocked, I wish they had been selling CDs) Today I am working on my research- nothing too exciting. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great updates, Andrea! It's giving me the travel bug. :)





Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you've traveled. -- Mohammed