This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Friday, November 30, 2007

hmmmm

Bloggedy blog blog blog. One thing that is becoming apparent as I blog about my life is that...well...I don't have one. Not that I don't do anything. In addition to...you know...work, today I went to a conference on leadership through the arts. It was actually quite a cool conference and I enjoyed it. And I had a table where I was selling my photos and I got quite a few complements. Didn't sell any, but I like a good ego stroking as well as the next person. But the conference was, after all, part of work. And last night I went to a literary magazine launch...in part because they were publishing some of my photos. And I really enjoyed it. But it was actually for work.

Now on a good day, I would say, "Isn't it great that part of my work is doing cool things like going to art conferences and literary launches." But today it just feels like...I don't have a life.

But that may well be due to the fact that the semester is ending and we all are a bit tired out. I do get to sleep late tomorrow (which is an exciting event in my life) and then I am going down to help my Dad decorate for Christmas and out to a tasty supper with him (Mom is out of town) so that should be fun. I'll check in tomorrow and see if a good night's sleep makes a life appear.


Meanwhile, another cute photo for your pleasure.<

4 comments:

Satisfaktionist said...

After all, you can get a good night of sleep but in my case, I wish I could get just one good night of sleep. In that apartment where I reside, there is a group of Jamaicans who never sleep or have a moment of tranquility. It is better to live in a zoo then to live in a place where these folks dwell. For the past two years, I've only slept 4 hrs a night. I think you have a great life. You are healthy, intelligent, blessed and most of all, you have the most exciting job, a job that shape others for the future. There is no greater career then being a professor for without the professors, there is no tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Dr. Campbell, we all at times feel as though we don't have a life, but soon you will realize that you do a great life with many great things in it. Sometimes when I feel like work is taking over I take a day to myself and just relax.

A. Nichelle and Co. said...

wut is up w/ the bad grammar? 'THEY IZ?' u have GOTZ 2 B KIDDIN ME....hahahaha