This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Monday, December 03, 2007

I do have a life


Turns out what I needed was not a life but a good nights sleep! (And thanks for the post about the value of both my life and a good nights sleep!) Friday I went up and helped my Dad decorate for Christmas and then he took me out to dinner. We walked around the neighborhood that night with our after-dinner coffee and looked at the neighbors lights. On the way home, I checked in with my friends who were at Starbucks grading and went over to hang with them. We closed the Starbucks and stayed outside talking for about an hour more. I thought on my way home how that day was answer to my previous post. I am so lucky to have my parents healthy and living close by. and that I have some good friends here and that I am even luckier to work with them so that I see them everyday and that going into work is like hanging out with friends. (Actually- it IS hanging out with friends). Today I went up to do the Victoria Park home tour which I have been wanting to do for years. It was well worth the effort to get up there in time (I had slept in a wee bit late - til 2pm!) I stopped by another friends house on the way back. Now I have my Christmas tree up (although not yet decorated) and I have some grading to do while watching Will & Grace. Life is pretty good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you feel better today. hanging out with family and friends is always a good thing. Also, when I get down I watch Christmas movies or decorate more!! So many the holiday cheer is making your day better!!!

Satisfaktionist said...

You are making progress! Each time you wake up in the morning, you're not inside a cell, on a hospital bed, or at the hospital visiting a love one, a friend or even one of your students, life is beautiful and you are beautiful so lift your hands up and thank God for there are many others who will never be able to experience this blessing. God bless you princess!

A. Nichelle and Co. said...

eated is SO NOT GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT! but then again, if a song can be name, "I'll buy u a drank" then i guess 'eated' is allowed!