This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Early Vacation

My mind has left for Christmas vacation, even though I keep telling it that vaca doesn't start until next week. I started finals going strong. I had nicely spaced out all my assignment's so I wouldn't get hit with several big ones at once. My first day of finals, I followed my plan and went to Starbucks, and once *bucks had closed moved to IHOP. But I didn't go home until everything was graded and final grades entered into the computer. But the next day...the plan was the same but when I got the Panera bread to read my students final papers. I. Did. Not. Want. To. And there is only so much you can do to make yourself grade. You can make yourself sit down with the papers. You can make yourself hold them. You can even force your eyes over the words. But if your brain is unwilling to process the words, what can you do? So I have been circling the pile of papers since Wednesday. There aren't even that many. circle. circle. I am going to try to do half today and half tomorrow. Otherwise I will be panicking on Monday, trying to get ready for my next class and totally stressing out. IT'S NOT VACATION YET. Do you think my brain heard that?

2 comments:

Satisfaktionist said...

Your brain is already lost into it. There is no coming back.

Miss Kitty said...

I feel ya, sister. I have five classes' worth of papers to grade, and ZERO INTEREST or willpower. BLEH.