This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The semester that finally died



I think my earlier supposition about why I wasn't in the Christmas spirit was true. I kept having work to do. Now that I have put a moretorium on work activities (except for responding to a handful of grad students because it would really be cruel to make them sweat it out through vacation) until Jan. 2nd, I am getting much more festive. And since I am a firm beleiver in the traditional 12 days of Christmas (which begins on Dec. 24th and goes until Jan 6th) I still have some time left to enjoy (despite the fact that XM stereo removed the Christmas channels from my tv today....I'll have to break out the ipod and cds now)

Today I am picking up the photos I ordered to make my Christmas cards and I will try to write the first draft of my Christmas letter. Tonight I am going out with a close friend who recently moved away but is back for Chiristmas. Meanwhile, I am playing around on my computer trying to figure out how to do some stuff on itunes so that my sister can steal all of my music before she heads back to Pakistan on Saturday. Not a bad 3rd day of Christmas (or is it 4th?)

4 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Um... Pakistan might not be a very safe place to be for the next few days, depending on where your sister will be and what she's doing. Hope she stays safe.

Princess Pointful said...

Amen for the 12 days of Christmas. I was finding myself getting sucked into the idea that simply because the 25th has passed, I should be in more of a work frame of mind.

Miss Kitty said...

And that kitty-Grinch pic from ICHC was perfect. I ended up feeling pretty Grinchy once the semester was over and grades were in. :-P

Andrea said...

Thanks Squadratomagico. Shes right in the thick of things - as is typical of her these days (she was such a timid child!) I just hope for the best and try not to think about it too much!