This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008


Maybe I don't want a Happy New Year, he said. Maybe I want an intense New Year with a lot of growth experiences

& I had to admit I'd never thought of that




I thought this piece by my most favorite artist Brian Andreaas was an appropriate thought for this new year. Happiness is really a fairly shallow concept when you think about it. What I really want for myself is joy and peace and gentleness and exhilaration. And someone else might want something totally different. In fact, a hard lesson for me to learn has been that there are people who don't want to be happy. So I wish for them and you whatever it is you want/need in this upcoming year to lead to your movement toward your highest self.

People are always into resolutions for the new year. I always make the same ones and have yet to achieve any of them! I really like Profgrrrrl's idea of having a theme for the news year. (It seems somehow gentler and more "Eastern" or more probably a western concept of Eastern!) So I have been contemplating that idea since I first read it and I have decided my theme for 2008 is health. I am not going to make specific resolution/goals but rather will try to focus my energy on making choices that lead to greater health. One of the reasons I like the theme of health is that it incorporates so many aspects of life. There is physical health. I have had several health problems this last year and some health scares are still hovering and they are mostly things that could be solved (if I take action now) with lifestyle changes so that is an important issue. But health also includes mental health, and spiritual health. I have not been as involved in my spiritual life as is good for me and a better balance of work and personal life as well as dealing with issues in both of those areas in a more healthy way would definitely benefit me. So there it is ...2008 ...a year of healthy choices, healthy lifestyles.

(Next post is on traditional German breakfast per Miss Kitty's request)

1 comment:

Miss Kitty said...

I hear ya on the health front. And I'm looking forward to the breakfast post. :-) [stomach grumbles]

Happy New Year, Andrea!