This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Last Day of Freedom

Today was the last day of freedom before the semester begins. (Also the last day of Christmas) I had had plans to go up and help my Dad take down the last of the Christmas decorations but when I called to say I was on my way, I found out they had already done it. This left me with completely free day. I could have used that to take down my Christmas tree, finish my Christmas cards and mail the last of my Christmas presents. Or I could have used the day to prepare for the new semester, do some laundry, get my new planner that I got for Christmas in order. Did I do any of those worthy things? No I did not. Instead, I put the top down on the Bomber and went for a long drive.

One of the things I do not like about living in South Florida (and sorely miss about living in Georgia) is that it takes so long to get anywhere different. If you want to leave Florida, you have to drive a day and half. Now it's true that everywhere you go is sunshine and beaches but, after a while that does get tedious. So today I decide to drive west. Since the beach is on the east, I never drive west. What would be the point really? But today I drove west and hit a park in the Everglades. The weather was beautiful, I had my ipod plugged into my new car radio. The scenery was different from what I am used to over on the beach side and it felt just a little bit like I was somewhere else. No mountains of course, but maybe Louisiana. (Might have been helped by Aaron Neville on the ipod) I stopped while I was out and got a tasty lunch and talked with my waitress or along time about homeschooling her son. All in all it was a lovely last day.

Now what class do I have tomorrow?

No comments: