This blog chronicles the doings, happenings, random thoughts and various and sundry tidbits of my life. Some are interesting, some are not.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

When you start the day with a moment of solitude and contemplation, even the most crowded schedule runs more smoothly.

I got this quote for today from the Peace center and I think it's so true. I think that is one of the things that makes a long weekend so refreshing. That there is time to get all the life crap done (laundry, groceries etc..) and a little left over. Which means I can afford a more leasurly approach to my time and have time for solitude and quiet in the morning. I like to have my coffee and put on some new age music and read my blogs and slowly come into the world. (What would be even more effective would be if I would use that time of quiet and solitude for yoga and/or meditaiton but I am not there yet!) Part of the pleasure of this is also, I am sure, that I am not in a panic about what is going to happen after the coffee and blog time. i have plenty of time today becuse I have no commitments other than a possible coffee date later if we feel like it when the time comes. I have things I want to get done before bedtime but they are my agenda items and i can do them (or not)when I want.

So I am enjoying my morning and I am going to try and make my weekday morning like this as much as possible.

No comments: